A delicious and healthy curry which you can easily adapt to your own preference of taste and spice. I came up with this recipe when I first adopted a plant-based lifestyle 5 years ago. I wasn’t a fan of tofu or Quorn products, I thought why not try sweet potato has a meat replacement and I loved it.
- Curry Paste (you can use store-bought or make your own – link below for curry paste recipe)
- 2 Onions
- 1 large Courgette
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- Tin of tomatoes
- Tin of Chickpeas
- Start by cubing your sweet potato. I like to cook mine in an air fryer with a little oil. You can also cook in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes. Start by covering the sweet potato with a little oil and then place the potato onto a baking tray.
- Prep your veg, dice your onion, cube the courgette, crush the garlic cloves.
- Warm your pan with a little oil, add your onion and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add your courgette and warm through.
- Add in your curry paste and give a good mix to ensure the onion and courgette gets a good covering.
- Next add in your garlic, chopped tomatoes, and chickpeas.
- Cover and leave to simmer for around 10 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 5-10 minutes to help thicken.
- Finish of by adding your sweet potato and serve.
*** You can use any vegetables of your choosing. Sometimes I like to add cauliflower. ***
*** You can also mix up your curry by adding half a tin of chickpeas and lentils. Remember to save your chickpea water. ***
Why not finish of your curry with a side of naan bread, freshly made at home.