It’s really easy to make a pizza at home, it only takes 30 minutes, that’s including the base and the sauce. I like to use fresh ingredients that contain no added sugar.
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Tomato Puree
- 2x Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Basil
- Peel and chop your garlic.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and stir. I like to leave mine chunky but you can blend the ingredients if preferred.
Thin & Crispy Pizza Dough (see notes for deep pan)
- 300g of Strong White Bread Flour
- 5g of yeast
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 200ml of Luke Warm Water
- Preheat your oven to a gas mark 7 and place a baking tray into the oven on the top shelf upside down.
- In a bowl add your flour, yeast and salt, mix together.
- Create a well in the flour, pour in your water and Olive oil. Combine with a wooden spoon.
- Once the dough is combined knead for 5 minutes. Spit your dough into the required portion. (You will get 2 medium size pizzas or 4 small pizzas)
- Using a rolling pin, pin out your dough to the required size. Then transfer onto grease proof paper.
- Spread tomato puree onto your base (it helps the sauce to stick), add your pizza sauce and topping of your choosing.
- Keeping the pizza on the greaseproof paper, slide onto the preheated upside down baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
*** To make a deep pan base, it is really simple. Once you have kneaded your dough (Step 4), place into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel. Leave to rise for around an hour or until doubled in size. Once risen, knock the dough back, by kneading and then pin out your dough (step 5) ***