These are the BEST pancakes I have ever tried. They are really easy to make. I like to top mine with vegan chocolate and banana.
This recipe is a guest. I would like to thank Chris Hines for giving me permission to share this recipe with you.
Chris is currently working on a film called Taking note – the vegan music documentary. It’s a music documentary about veganism & animal rights. Please check it out, support him and follow his page http://bit.ly/taking_note
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups of soya milk
- 1 Cup of water
- Start by mashing your bananas in a bowl until liquid consistency.
- Add all your ingredients including the mashed bananas into a bowl and mix. I like to use an electronic hand whisker. That is your batter ready.
- Place some oil into a pan and heat. (You need to ensure that your pan is hot before pouring in your batter). Once heated using a ladle, pour in a scoop of batter (around a cup of batter).
- Tease the edges with a spatula to prevent sticking, cooking for around a minute on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.