On the cold winter nights, I love to snuggle in a big blanket, with a pair of thick comfy socks and a good bowl of soup.
Tuscan soup is lovely on those cold winter nights, a real belly warmer. The perfect medicine for those winter colds. It’s really easy to make, low fat, super healthy and a good way to get lots of nutritious veggies.
- 1 Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tin of Cannellini beans
- 1 Tin of Flagelot beans
- Savoy Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp of Smoked paprika
- Fresh Thyme & Rosemary
- 500ml of Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Dice the carrots, onion and chop the garlic. Saute with a little water in a large pot or one pot cooker for around 10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened and the onions are clear. (Adding more water if needed, so that it doesn’t dry out)
- Add the smoked paprika, thyme and rosemary. Give it a good stir. Now add in your vegetable stock and cabbage.
- Add your remaining ingredients and give a good stir and cook for around 20 mins.
** I used 1 stock cube to 500ml of water **
** Thyme and rosemary can be quite strong in flavour, use to your preference **
** You can freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Freeze in separate portions, when required place into a saucepan and cook as normal. **