Pear and banana bread is a lovely sweet treat for you and your family. It’s really simple to make and it only takes 10 minutes. For this recipe, I used no fats/plant-based butter or eggs.
It’s lovely served warm or cold with a drizzle of maple syrup. 😋
- 2 or 3 bananas – Dependent on size
- 50g of Apple Puree – (See below for recipe)
- 80g of golden caster sugar
- 2 or 3 ripe comice pears – Dependent on size
- 1 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 2 Flax Eggs – See notes
- 150g of plain flour
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 50g of broken pecans
- Pre-heat your oven on gas mark 4 / 350F / 180C
- Start by mashing the bananas then mix in your caster sugar, maple syrup, and pecans.
- Add your pears, apple puree and flax eggs then mix (See notes for flax eggs)
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla, fold in the mixture.
- Line a small bread tin with greaseproof paper lined with a little plant-based butter, tip in the mixture and level out.
- Pop into the oven for around 45 minutes. Check the bread is done by inserting a skewer into the bread, if the skewer comes out clean it’s ready. If not leave in the oven for a little longer.
*** 1 Flax eggs – Mix 1 tbsp of flax with 3 tbsp of water. Leave in the fridge for 10 minutes. You all looking for a gelatinous consistency. ***