I love this chocolate spread, it’s really easy to make and only contains 4 ingredients. This recipe is also free from refined sugar.
I was inspired to come up with this recipe after I was disappointed to discover that Aldi had stopped stocking a scrumptious Vegan Hazelnut and Chocolate spread. Which was also palm oil free, gmo free and gluten free. And one thing I need for pancake day is chocolate spread, for my banana and chocolate pancakes. So I decided to go one better and make one which is free from refined sugar and healthy.
Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
150g Hazelnuts deskinned (see notes)
3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
10 Medjool Dates (Soaked for 15-30 minutes)
1/2 Tsp Vanilla (Opt)
- Start by blending your hazelnuts until they become a buttery texture.
- Add in your dates, 2 at a time to ensure you don’t over work your blender.
- Add in the final ingredients, almond milk, Cacao Powder, and Vanilla. Blend until you reach the required consitency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for about 7-10 days.
- To de-skin your nuts place into the oven on a gas mark 1, 275F, 140C for around 15 minutes. Once cooled you should be able to roll the nuts in a clean towel and the skins will fall straight off.
- This is quite a thick chocolate spread, if you want a runny constitency add more almond milk.