Sweet potato Fajitas is one of my favourite meals that I have regularly. I love how all the flavours and spices complement each other. When I adopted a plant-based diet I struggled with the taste and texture of Quorn and tofu. So I decided to try sweet potato and it was everything I was looking for in a meal.
- 1 large Sweet Potato
- 2x Peppers
- 2x Onions
- 1 tbsp of Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp of Garlic Granules
- Salt and Pepper
- BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Start by peeling and cubing your sweet potato. I cooked mine using an air fryer with a little oil, you could use an actifry or the oven.
- Cooking in the oven, place on a baking tray with a little oil, cook on gas mark 7 for around 30 minutes – depending on how you like your potato.
- Slice your peppers, onions and fry with a little olive oil for around 5 minutes to soften on medium heat.
- Add in your spices, cook on a low heat and cover for 10 minutes.
- Add your BBQ sauce, uncover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and mix in your sweet potatoes.
- We are now ready to make our Fajitas. I like to finish off by adding mixed salad and mayonnaise in the wraps.
** Sweet potato needs to be shaken or turned during cooking. ***
** Homemade mayonnaise – www.reallysimplerecipes.co.uk/homemade-mayonnaise-dairy-cholesterol-free