This is one of my favourite recipes at this that time of the year as we are inundated with loads of rhubarb in our garden.
- 3 Cooking Apples/Braeburn
- 1 bunch (400g/14 oz) rhubarb, washed, trimmed and cut into chunks
- juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp date Syrup (If you don’t like dates you could use maple syrup)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp of Apple Puree
- 1 cup jumbo oat flakes
- 3 tbsp date syrup (If you don’t like dates you could use maple syrup)
- Place your apples and rhubarb in a saucepan with the juice of 1 lemon and the date syrup. Pop on to the hob, on medium heat for around 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven – Gas mark 6
- To make the crumble, in a bowl add the oats, apple puree, date syrup, and cinnamon.
- Rub the ingredients together with your fingertips until you achieve a crumbly texture.
- Line the side of your baking bowl with a little butter to prevent sticking. Add in your apple and rhubarb filling then top with your crumble.
- Pop into the oven for around 20 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with dairy-free ice cream or custard.