Roasted pumpkin seeds are really easy to make. They are great as a healthy snack or you could use them as a topper for your pumpkin soup.
Pumpkin seeds are highly nutritious and full of so many health benefits. They will last for up to 3 months in an airtight container, storing at room temperature.
Check out the below links on how to make pumpkin soup and pumpkin puree. I like to ensure that I use all of the pumpkin, leaving only the skin and the fibres.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Olive oil
- Chilli powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- (seasoning is your personal preference. I made these to match my soup.)
- Pre-heat your oven to a gas mark 5 / 200C / 400F
- Wash the seeds in a colander, ensuring to remove all the fibers.
- Dry with a towel and place onto a baking tray.
- Drizzle a tiny amount of oil onto the seeds. Add your chosen seasoning. Using your hand’s mix together the seeds and seasoning.
- Place into the oven for around 15 minutes or until brown.
- Once fully cooled place into an airtight container.