These cookies are a brilliant way to use up your leftover oat pulp from making your oat milk. They are really healthy and free from refined sugars and fats.
Have you tried making your own oat milk? It’s really simple to do and it’s also really cheap. To make my own milk it costs 15p per litre.
Recipe – Oat Milk
Oat pulp peanut butter & banana cookies
250g of Oat Pulp
150g of Ground Almonds
2 Flax eggs (see notes)
1 Banana (you can replace with raisins, chocolate chips…)
4-8 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 4
- Add the ingredients into the bowl in the following order, ensuring each ingredient is well mixed before adding the next. – Oat pulp, Ground Almonds, Peanut butter, Flax eggs & banana.
- Once mixed add a tablespoon of the mixture onto the lined baking tray and spread out evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Place in the oven for around 15 or until brown.
- Once baked leave on the baking tray until fully cooled.
- *** To make flax eggs you need 2 tbsp of flaxseed and 5 tbsp of water. Pop into the fridge for 15 minutes to thicken. This will make your 2 flax eggs required for the recipe. ***
- *** Be careful not overcook your cookies, they will dry out. You are looking for a gooey texture ***