Stuffed Mexican peppers with a Halloween twist. I really enjoyed making my Jack-O-Lantern peppers. I hope you have as much fun as me.👻
- 4 Orange Bell Peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 tsp of Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1 tin of Black Beans
- 3/4 cup of Salsa
- 1 Cup of cooked Rice
- 1/2 cup of sweetcorn
- Pre-heat your oven to a gas mark 4 / 177C / 350F
- Start by sauteing your onions in water until soft. Add the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add in your chilli powder and Garlic salt, give it a good stir to coat the onions and garlic, then add the salsa.
- Stir in the black beans, mash up about half of the black beans with a folk. Add in your sweetcorn and rice, cook for further 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Prepare your peppers by de-seeding and cut out your Jack-o-Lantern design. Set inside a baking dish, fill with the mixture and then cover with the top of the pepper.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for around 30-40 minutes or until the peppers have softened.